Am Samstag, den 24. Mai 2014, findet in München das erste RAPHA Bavaria Gentlemen´s Race statt.
Es handelt sich dabei um ein 6er-Mannschafts(Zeit)fahren, bei dem es darum geht, knapp 180 km als 6er-Mannschaft zu beginnen und gemeinsam wieder zu beenden.
Die Veranstaltung startet für die erste Mannschaft um 8h30 an der Kugleralm, führt über Straße, Schotter und Feldwege zum Walchensee und wieder zurück. Es starten ca. 20-25 international besetzte Tems, unter anderem aus Holland, Belgien, Frankreich, BMC aus der Schweiz und das TEAM RV Sturmvogel München.
Die Verantslatung steht aber unter dem Motto Radsport erleben, d.h. es ist eine reine Jedermannsache, bei der es ausschließlich um den Spaß geht und darum die große Radsportfamilie in München näher zusammen zu führen.
Im Anschluss an das Rennen (ab ca. 14hoo bis 15hoo) findet eine post-race-Party an der Kugleralm statt, zu der alle sehr herzlich eingeladen sind.
More infos from Rapha:
– For those who are coming into town earlier, we’d like to invite you on the Friday night to come and visit us at the new Rapha offices in the Zielstattstrasse 13 in Munich. Drinks and food will be served from 5pm but we recommend you go to bed early. You’ll need your strength for the next day!
– Route will be approximately 180km long. It will be a challenging mix of quiet roads, gravel, dirt roads, dirt climbs and alpine vistas.
• Start and finish will be just to the south of Munich in the famous Kugler Alm in Oberhaching. (www.kugleralm.de)
• There will be a race briefing for all captains on race day at 8:00AM at the start. This is where you will hand in your waivers, €50 entry fee and deliver your beer (please select carefully, the beer is a reflection of your personality).
• All riders will receive a cue sheet with turn-by-turn directions. We will also share the route digitally, so you can upload it on your Garmin.
• The route will be ‘released’ a few days before the race.
– We will have control points out on the course.
• The first team will start at 8.30AM on Saturday May 24th.
• Reminder: this is a 6-person team race where you are only as fast as your slowest person. All 6 need to finish as a team.
• Speaking of slow, skinny tires might look faster, but after the 4th flat, you might regret not putting those 25mm or Gatorshells on. Bring plenty of spare tubes, pumps, tools etc. The course is perfectly rideable on normal bikes with normal tyres.
• There is no outside support. Bring money for one of the stores along the way for water, food, etc. Meet some people. We will have a medic on course.
• Remember that you do not have race numbers on. IF you happen to meet local police you are “Just out for a social ride. What? You say there are a bunch of other groups of six riding today? How strange.”
• We’d love to hear from you and see what you’re up to leading up to, and during the race. Please use #rgr when tweeting and Instagramming.
• After the race, there will be a post-race party with food and drink provided. Please invite family and friends to celebrate this feat with you. We’ll have the beer pump flowing.
If you have read the above and decide that this race is not for you, please let me know as soon as possible. We have a waiting list of teams who would like to participate.
So you know what’s at stake and why you signed up for this sufferfest, these are the prizes:
First place (fastest time): Rapha jerseys and special prizes for each member of the team and most importantly the honour and satisfaction of having won the inaugural European Gentlemen’s Race
First to finish: All the beer (note-you can’t win the jerseys and the beer)
Last to finish: Lanterne Rouge caps
A few days before the race, we send another email with again the waiver, starting order, route and details for lunch ride and Friday beers. And if we discover things on Thursday’s scout (we’ll ride the course in two rides or one depending on schedules and course), we’ll send another email with our findings.
Im übrigen befindet sich die neue Europa-Zentrale von Rapha in 81379 München, Zielstattstraße 13.